Not all celebrities broke instantly broke into Hollywood. Some of the past jobs of TV stars are quite surprising! Niecy Nash recently talked to “The Daily Shot” about her jobs before starring on hits such as “Reno 911″ and HBO’s “Getting On.” Nash wasn’t always as successful at her jobs back then, for example, she got fired from McDonald’s after just one day! She also struck out from a job at a makeup counter when she told a customer who wanted to look like Janet Jackson that she wasn’t a magician.
Here are some more places celebrities worked before hitting it big.
Nash wasn’t the only one to work at the Golden Arches. Jay Leno, James Franco, Star Jones, DL Hughley and Keenan Wayans are some of the TV personalities who also worked for Ronald.
Other celebrity restaurant gigs include:
- Eva Longoria worked at Wendy’s.
- Queen Latifah flipped burgers at Burker King.
- Eva Mendes rocked a uniform at Hot Dog on a Stick and also worked at a pizza place called “Ciao.”
- Alexander Skarsgard was a bus boy at a restaurant where his uncle tended bar.
- Jennifer Anniston had stints as both a telemarketer and a waitress.
- Suze Orman was also a waitress after losing her savings in a restaurant that failed.
- Crystal Reed scooped ice cream at Baskin Robbins.
- Chris Pratt waited tables in Hawaii.
- Elizabeth Banks made coffee, ran errands and manned the reception desk for a Catholic youth center.
- Connie Britton worked in retail and as an aerobics instructor.
- Chase Crawford was a valet.
- Mathew Morrison worked at the Gap.
- Kanye West also worked at Gap, even rapping about it on one of his albums.
- Lea Michele, worked at a shop selling Bat Mitzvah dresses.
- Aimee Teagarden worked at Hollister.
- Blake Shelton fixed roofs before becoming a country mega star and judge on “The Voice.”
- Bryan Cranston had an old fashioned paper route.
Nominees for the strangest (and some illegal) jobs before stardom:
- Betty White, the last living “Golden Girl,” was a model in the 1930s.
- Jon Hamm was a set dresser for pornographic films. Oh, and a high school drama teacher.
- Whoopi Goldberg was a beautician to the dead at a mortuary.
- James Lipton of “Inside the Actor’s Studio” was a pimp in Paris!
- Tim Allen was a cocaine dealer and did two years in prison for trafficking before he landed the starring role on “Home Improvement.”
Are you surprised at any of these past jobs of TV stars?
Find Rachel on Google+
Get Our Newsletter